The "Editions" I listed were the most current editions/versions of the tests as of January, 2017. You can go online to determine the latest version so that you can intelligently discuss the assessment plan, no matter who evaluates your child. Also, some tests have two "forms" or versions usually described as "Form A" or "Form B". Typically, Form A gives the most accurate information consistently, but if Form A has already been administered, the clinician can administer Form B and earn valid results.
On the "Store" tab for this website, you can purchase and download the 44-page book that I wrote which describes these tests in detail.
Intelligence ("What kind of reasoning skills does the child have?")
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-5th Edition (WISC-5)
- Leiter International Performance Scale-3rd Edition
Achievement ("What information has the child learned?")
- Woodcock-Johnson III Diagnostic Reading Battery
- Gray Oral Reading Tests-5th Edition
- Gray Silent Reading Tests
- Tests of Reading Comprehension Test-4th Edition
- Key Math-III Diagnostic Inventory
- Test of Written Language-4th Edition
- Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement-4th Edition
Written Language subtests:
Spelling of Sounds
Processing ("How does the child learn?")
- Test of Memory and Learning-2nd Edition
- Rey Complex Figure and Recognition Trial
- Conners Rating Scales-3rd Edition/Long Form completed by
- Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement-4th Edition/Form A
Sentence Reading Fluency
Word Reading Fluency
Math Facts Fluency
Sentence Writing Fluency
- Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Functioning-2nd Edition
- Behavior Assessment System for Children-3rd Edition completed
issues about emotional-social functioning, I have many other tests and
measures that I administer to get at the core of the problems.)
- Clinical Interview
- “Blind” classroom observations in structured and unstructured
- Developmental History (downloadable from the Resources section)
- Review of Records
- Intake Interview
- Feedback with student; feedback with parents
If I suspect language processing disorders, I will also
administer a Test of Listening Comprehension-2nd Edition.
If autism is suspected, I administer the Test of Problem-Solving-3rd
Edition, the Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales-2nd Edition
In all cases, I write a comprehensive report designed for parents to understand every result and recommendation.
If a thorough diagnostic assessment isn't conducted, you may end up wasting precious years and resources.
Here are some resources to help you!
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Inc.
- Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE)
- Association of Speech and Language Therapists
- California Department of Education content standards by grade-check this out...see what your child SHOULD HAVE LEARNED BY NOW!!
- The Special Education Referral
- The Special Education Assessment
Remember, you can go to the "Ask Me" button on the front page of drclaudia.net to send me a question.