What’s the truth about diet drinks? Medical research has confident answers because folks have been drinking this stuff for decades now.
Here’s what we know:
- Artificial sweeteners confuse your body because they’re so intense they make natural sugar taste dull.
- They lead to weight gain and not loss because we think we can afford the calories and eat more.
- They have no nutritional value and are linked to headaches and bad teeth.
- People who use cocaine or methamphetamines or drink diet sodas daily have the same level of tooth erosion. It’s the citric acid in the diet soda that does it!
- Mixing diet soda and alcohol gets you drunk faster. It’s bad for your bones, hurts your heart and is associated with depression.
Wean yourself off diet drinks. You’ll feel so much better!
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a question.