Emotional safety and closure are two huge issues if you’re moving away.
Here are some ways to achieve stability:
- The internet can give you a good look at your new town and answer a lot of questions to calm his anxiety.
- Show Tony a layout of the home and have him choose a room.
- Help him say goodbye to friends by planning activities such as a cookout or party.
- Take a large white t-shirt to class and have everyone take a photo while signing their names.
- Get addresses and emails of his closest friends.
- Put your new address on pre-paid post cards.
- Have Tony’s friends mail them so they’ll be waiting at the new home.
- When you arrive, right away resume the Friday night pizza tradition.
- Make an album of the move.
Show him that love and friends are portable!
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.
At DrClaudia.net, click on the “Ask Me” button and send me a question.
Sign up for the Sunday newsletter. Don’t miss a thing!