Situational factors include:
- If mother is exposed to extreme stress during pregnancy, the child is likely to be left-handed.
- Babies who are born to older mothers or have lower birth weights are likely to be left-handed.
- There is no difference in IQs, but lefties are better at divergent thinking which is where you start problem-solving from existing knowledge and create new concepts.
- They are more creative than us righties!
- Lefties’ salaries are 10% lower than righties.
- They run a greater risk of psychiatric disorders.
- Fully 20% of schizophrenics are left-handed.
Lefties are unique and celebrated. August 13 is International Left-Handers Day!
I wonder what Prince William, Angelina Jolie and Robert DeNiro do on left-handers’ day to celebrate?
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch
At drclaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a question.