Do you let your child sleep over at a friend’s or go to slumber parties? Ask yourself these important questions.
- Do you know all of the people who will come into contact with your child?
- Do you know everything about them that’ll make you confident she’s safe around them?
- Do you know, exactly, what will be going on?
- Will he be engaging in vandalism?
- Will your kids learn about aspects of life they’re not ready to know about?
- Will someone terrorize them?
Instead of not letting them go altogether, offer to let them stay until midnight.
If they take social flack for your decision, consider having a breakfast bash, a “sleep under” or a late night at your house. Kids come dressed in their jammies and bring their favorite junk food, video games or movies.
Maybe you host a spa night, an action movie night, a fashion night.
We want these events to be fun, not opportunities for them to have life altering and traumatic experiences.
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send a question!
Sign up for the Sunday newsletter. Don't miss a thing!