Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder is much more dangerous than you know.
- Kids and adults with ADHD have more emergency room visits, multiple jobs and relationships of short duration.
- Their “conflict driven behavior” gets them into trouble with authority figures.
- They have financial problems and lack a support group because they can’t offer reciprocity.
- They can’t take care of themselves much less help friends.
- Those with ADHD are vulnerable to anxiety and depression.
- Are likely to have multiple car accidents.
- Have increased potential for suicide attempts.
- Are at-risk for drug and alcohol use and
- Can be emotionally unstable due to poor coping skills.
- They may have a low frustration tolerance.
- Suffer from sleep disorders and poor diets.
They’re miserable. Learn as much as you can about ADHD. Get yourself or loved ones diagnosed and treated. Help yourself and them to lead the most satisfying lives possible.
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a question.
Sign up for the Sunday newsletter. Don't miss a thing!