Click here to learn more.
Special Education Referral
Special Education Assessment
Here's what one style looks like!
Super great idea.
- From birth to 6 months breast milk or formula only.
- 6-12 months, breast milk or formula - OK to introduce small amounts of additional water.
- 1-2 years. Switch to cow’s milk…2-3 cups of whole milk per day.
- 2-3: transition to skim or low-fat milk, 2 cups a day.
- 4-5 years…increase to 2.5 cups a day of skim or low fat milk.
- Water: 6 months to 1 year - half-cup to 1 cup per day; 1-3 years: 1-4 cups of water per day; 4-5 years, 1.5 to 5 cups of water a day.
- Juices: none at all until age 1. Older than 1 year=less than a cup a day of 100% fruit juice is the max. None is optimal. Eat fresh fruit instead.
- No plant or nut-based milks. They’re not nutritionally equal to dairy milk. Growing children need the nutrition of dairy milk.
I laid out for Mom what she needs to do. She needs to support Father's recommendation or they'll be getting a knock at the door at 3:00 a.m. from some very sorrowful-looking cops.
The first thing they need to do is consult with an Independent Educational Consultant to determine the placement that will suit her best. Here's the link to the national association where they can find a local consultant.
See you next week on the radio!
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a question, a comment, a suggestion, whatever! We want to hear from you.
Sign up for the Sunday newsletter. Don't miss a thing!