A few callers needed resources and there were several books that would work perfectly for them (and you know who you are!)
1. Crazy Busy by Edward Hallowell
2. Getting Past What You'll Never Get Over by John Westfall
3. Getting Past Your Past by Francine Shapiro (create of EMDR-Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
4. When You Worry About the Child You Love by Edward Hallowell
5. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
There are several organizations that I referenced for parents to access to answer specific questions about how to get help for their kids:
1. Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Inc.
2. Independent Educational Consultants Association
3. American Occupational Therapy Association
1. The Special Education Referral
2. The Special Education Assessment
4. Running family meetings in a few easy steps
See you next week on the radio! We'll be resuming the Facebook peek-in before the month is out.
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a suggestion, a question or a comment.
Sign up for the Sunday newsletter. Don't miss a thing!