Live with a Potterhead? Well, you're in luck this year because Williams-Sonoma is launching its new Harry Potter Collection! The options are endless. Fabulous colors. Wonderful food and kitchen goodies. Get them right here!
They've got Chocolate Wands (stocking stuffer alert!), water bottles, ice trays with the Harry Potter house crests (2 cubes of each of the four houses!), a beautiful Hedwig cookie jar, and the ultimate silicone spatula set! Go crazy!!
And, if that's not enough, they'll still have their Candy Cane Kisses for the peppermint lover!!
There will be Grinch Green Pancakes, Minty Who Hot Chocolate. Who-Roast Beast Omelette, Whoville Holiday Cheesecake French Toast, Mt. Crumpit Kids Combo and Young Grinch Minty Who Hot Chocolate! Come and get it!
It was Halloween? What do you expect?
- A woman used a $3 set of "fake vampire teeth" (as opposed to real vampire teeth???) and ended up needing emergency medical care because she actually used the glue provided with the teeth to glue them on. She couldn't get the fake teeth off of her real teeth!! What do you expect??
- Despite not eating any candy on Halloween night, a little boy ended up in the hospital with methamphetamine in his system. He wore a set of plastic vampire teeth and they may be the culprit. They may have been purchased at the counter from an open display!
- An 11-year old girl put "Halloween contact lenses" in her eyes and was blind for 4 days. They irritated her corneas. She could have suffered permanent injury requiring surgery! STAY AWAY! CONTACT LENSES ARE MEDICAL DEVICES AND SHOULD NOT BE USED COSMETICALLY! UGH!!
- And, the Halloween & Costume Association is sending around a petition on Change.org to make the last Saturday in October a permanent Halloween date!
DON'T SIGN THIS PETITION! Even though these folks stated that:
- "There are 3,800 Halloween-related injuries each year"
- "82% of parents don't use high visibility aids" such as flashlights, reflective tape on costumes or glow sticks
- "Most children don't carry flashlights while out on Halloween night"
- "65% don't discuss Halloween safety with their children" and that
- "70% don't accompany their kids while trick or treating"
...it would be safer to have Halloween on the last Saturday night in October. NOT!!
When Halloween falls on a Saturday night (the next time is 2020), more kids are out later there will be more drunk drivers on the road.
When Halloween falls on a Saturday night, there are nearly 5% more alcohol-related arrests than if Halloween takes place on another day of the week. AND THOSE ARE JUST THE ONES THAT ARE ARRESTED!!! How many more "buzzed" and drunk drivers are not known!
The sad fact is that your child is twice as likely to be hit and killed by a car on Halloween than at any other time of the year. Add the likelihood that there will be more parties, more adults out late, stoned, drunk or otherwise impaired and the kids don't stand a chance.
Somehow, there's money involved in this recommendation. Leave Halloween alone!!
There is a "steamy orgy scene featuring underage characters", violence, realistic horror, bullying serious witchcraft and menacing characters.
The series is described as "depraved".
Have a great week everybody!
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a question.
Sign up for the Sunday newsletter. You don't want to miss a thing!