Here are the references I mentioned this morning:
1. The plan for giving your kids a salary.
2. For those of you concerned about the plan for the Boy Scouts. here's what I found:
Now, it took a lot of time to find and read about 10 different articles to learn all of the elements of the plan to offer girls the path to Eagle Scout and to participate in the kind of activities that may not be offered through the Girl Scouts.
Let's take a look as to what is going on already.
- Girls have been participating in Cub Scouts for years, unofficially. Girls have been participating in 4 programs: Venturing and Sea Scouting which are geared toward outdoor activities, Exploring which is a career-oriented mentoring program and STEM which offers opportunities for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. This is not a path toward Eagle Scout.
- Moms have been Den mothers for decades.
- The Boy Scouts leadership took the results of two nationwide surveys, listened to the lobbying of parents and direct pleas from girls to include them before they made the decision to go forward with the plan.
- Unlike comments made by some media personalities, this is not a decision based on "creeping political correctness". The girls want it, that's all. The board of the Boy Scouts is described as being "conservative traditionalists".
- Boy Scouts began to include gay members in 2013, gay leaders in 2015 and are now allowing members to "self-identify" as male and can join in.
Here's how the Plan will work:
In 2018, the girls will be allowed to join the Cub Scouts. On a den-by-den basis, it will be decided if the individual dens will be male only, female only or co-ed.
In 2019, older girls will have access to the path for Eagle Scouts.
There will be no co-ed Boy Scouts troops for girls 11 to 18 years.
There will be no overnight co-ed camp-outs.
The bottom line is "local control and parallel programs". That's it.
This information was taken from the Show Notes from 10-22-17 when the changes were revealed.
3. Here's the link to the Meghan Markle-Prince Harry coloring book.
4. Here's the link for the Kardia-Mobile, the FDA-clear portable EKG device.
5. Here's the link for the tiny sensor that goes on your teeth to track what you eat. Uh oh, busted!
6. And we thought that the only thing we had to worry about in terms of vape pens was what the zillion chemicals that are in them can do to our bodies? Nope, they're now known to cause fires because they can EXPLODE!!! Here's what a fire chief is saying.
7. Those whacky teens are at it again. Here's what they're doing now. The Deodorant Challenge. Oh my stars. If you search on YouTube, you'll see quite a few horrifying films of this new trend.
I truly hope you have the best Mother's Day ever,
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a question.