- It’s dangerous because there’s no social judgment or emotional connection.
- It’s selfish and requires no consideration of others.
- It promotes isolation and self-satisfaction.
- There’s no intimacy. It’s all just excitability, but that’s what adolescence is all about and one reason why it’s consumed by so many pre-teens.
- The ugly side is that it may end up distorting kid’s sense of sex.
- They may learn to become aroused over violent acts or engage in risky sexual behavior.
The bottom line is they’re not ready.
Use strong parental controls to keep it away from your kids at least when they’re at home.
Encourage open discussions about sex. Let them know you have answers to their questions.
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a question.
Sign up for the Sunday wrap-up. Don't miss a thing!