What we should realize is that they’re ready to take over some responsibilities for themselves, but we’ve trained each other so well that we keep on doing what we’ve always done, much to their detriment.
We’re going to hand off the baton, so start now because it’s a long process.
- Think about what the world will require of them.
- If they don’t like what you’ve made for dinner, they can make a PB & J.
- Don’t do their homework for them.
- If they can’t do it, find out why and get help.
- Let your little ones dress themselves and don’t pick up their toys. Put her toys in toy jail until she earns them back.
While they’re young, you can fix all their problems. As they get older, teach them how to do it.
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch.