A truly great resource, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Network of Southern California. Here's the link. Also, the National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is an exceptional organization.
Here's the UCLA Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Clinic run by Dr. Mary O'Connor for whom I have great respect.
At the very least, this young man is likely to be experiencing Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder which is typically associated with FASD. Here's my "tutorial" on ADHD.
Teens with ADHD and FASD are at serious risk for criminal behavior, so it's imperative that this young man's family vigorously attack the issues.
1. Here's What I Tell Kids Headed to College
2. Things I Tell my College-Bound Students
3. What Every Parent Needs to Know about College Accommodations for Their Kids with Learning Disabilities and ADHD
4. Can I Get Accommodations in College?
5. Go Away Mad or Go Away Sad? We're Off to College
6. Leaving for College Sad or Mad?
7. Overlooked Issues in College, Year 1
8. Feels Like a Loss, But It's a Win-Win
I also wrote a blog post about this challenging time for families. Anything to make it easier for "my families"!
Also, I found A-1 Sauce-scented candles! Make your home smell like a cookout!
I also saw an ad for KFC-scented candles. Here they are! I hope they're still for sale because this is a 2016 link!
"See" you next week on the radio!
Join me on Facebook at Dr. Claudia McCulloch
At DrClaudia.net, click on the "Ask Me" button and send me a question.